Back pains plague millions of individuals, from small aches to bulged disks or even slipped disks, I want to help you understand, “what is a bulging disc?” how it affects you and what you can do to help it. Learning and understanding the problem is the first step to helping your back pains.
1. Your spine is made up of muscles, bones, and nerves … It is held together by disks, connective tissues, tendons, and ligaments. All these elements combined allow us to stand. Sure, we all have to stand, sit, walk, move, and perform daily activities, yet as we do this we are applying stress to our spine, more so than we realize.
2. What is a Bulging Disc? Imagine a flat egg, it has a hard outer shell and a soft inside, this is what your disc is like, now a boiled disc happens when the outer shell gets weak or damaged, most times this takes place in the lower back, but can also happen in the middle and neck area of the spine. These discs with a hard outer shell and a gel like inside are there for cushion and shock absorption.
3. The number one reason for enlarged discs is age, yep the older we get the weaker and drier the disks become, also being overweight, not lifting right and injuries, such as sports or car accidents. A bulging disc is fairly common, and in a lot circumstances it will not give you any pain what so ever. But if the bulge gets bigger and starts putting pressure on the nerves, this will inflame the nerve causing back pains such as numbness, tingling, weakness and spasms, and depending on the damaged disc the pain may travel down the arms or legs.
4. Most people can get relief from stretching, chiropractic treatment, medications and rest, if the disc would happen to herniate than you would probably have to consider open back surgery or laser surgery, sometimes they can go in and trim the herniated disc to get pressure off the nerves, in other cases they trim the disc then fuse the two vertebrae together.
5. Yoga Spine Twisting Asana, It is one of the most important exercises which make the body healthy and strong, It is a basic position which should be done by every person, if their body is capable of doing it. The yoga twist in the asana is beneficial for the adrenal glands, kidneys, liver and spleen. It is also very helpful for individuals who suffer from asthma, indigestion, constipation and weight issues.The circulation around the spinal nerves, veins and other tissues improves dramatically. It also cures the lumbago and rheumatism of the spine due to the twists of the asana. It also helps with many other parts of the body.