It is a fact of our health that only the common cold strikes more than chronic back pain. For many of us back pain is caused by simple mechanics of our spine such as a muscle or a joint. While it may be quiet painful, most back problems are not serious and very easily treatable. Sometimes our pain occurs in all age groups, but as we grow older we become less active and pain becomes more evident.
Here are five things you can do to prevent recurring pain or sometimes called chronic back pain.
1. Stay Active. In our bodies, the spine was meant for motion. In fact movement of the spine is required by our bodies for healthy disks. Remember our disks are the so-called “shock absorbers of our vertebrae”. Because our spinal discs have no blood supply, movement is required to lubricate these disks. Movement promotes strength and keeps our spine healthy.
2. Eat Healthy. Stay away from processed foods, mainly fatty foods. These foods cause inflammation in our bodies which can lead to pain. Eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to promote a healthy back and overall health.
3. Keep Positive. If chronic back pain occurs, remain positive. Prevent depression and do not think you need to spend days in bed. Inactivity, will only make it worse, you need to move.
4. Lift Properly. You need to take the weight off your back when lifting, especially heavy items. Lift with your knees and legs, bend and cradle the item you are lifting, and listen, do not be afraid to ask for help when lifting a heavy object. Many macho men have hurt their back lifting wrong.
5. See a Chiropractor. Sometimes another condition could be causing your chronic pain. If you experience reoccurring pain then you might need to see a chiropractor. He can readjust your spinal and also offer treatment plans to help prevent further problems associated with your back problems.
Sometimes there are more serious conditions causing our back problems. You need to be educated about what causes chronic back pain and how to prevent it. I have many educational articles, by experts in the field of back problems who can explain many different treatments and exercises to completely rid you of your back problem. Feel free to visit our website at http://paininmyback.net/ and see our many remedies for lower back problems.