Inversion therapy can be defined as a therapeutical approach to eradicating back pain. With this therapy, a patient is required to stay in an inverted position against the force of gravity ie your legs should face upwards and your head downwards. Although some medics tend to disregard this method in the treatment of back pain, the truth of the matter is that it has numerous benefits for athletes and people suffering from back pain.
To perform this form of exercise therapy at home, you need to buy a good quality inversion table. There are various options available in the market with brands such as Teeter Hang Ups, Ironman, and Health Mark. A good table should give you the opportunity to fully invert your body in a comfortable manner, with ankle clasps that are well padded. When your body is in an inverted position the different sections of your body naturally apply the correct amount of transaction to each section of your spinal column. This force helps in decompressing your neck and back muscles, removing pressure from your discs – thus alleviating back pain.
Benefits of using Gravity Inversion Tables
There are many benefits of using inversion therapy – key among them are:
- Improved Blood Circulation that rejuvenating your body. This can also help increase your mental alertness and sense of wellbeing
- Decompression of the spinal cord, and rehydration of the intervertebral discs
- This form of therapy can also help improve your stability and balance. Usually the force of gravity makes you shifter daily by compressing your spinal cord over many years. Inversion therapy decompresses and elongates the spine that makes you slightly taller (for a little while anyway!)
- Inversion table exercises strengthen your core muscles, help clean your lymphatic system and helps get rid of toxic substances in the body
- These tables also allow you to perform inverted squats and stretches. They can also help reduce problems that arise from prolapsed organs
Tips for Buying a Good Inversion Table
There are many places where you can find gravity inversion tables for your home including retail stores and online. It is always advisable to gather as much information as possible before choosing a particular inversion table. Here are a few tips to help you out.
- Always base your decision after doing a thorough visual inspection of these tables.
- Another important factor to consider is the usability of these tables. A good inversion table must be able to accommodate your height and weight safely. Never compromise on this factor even if the price shots beyond your budget.
- A good inversion machine must also have properly installed safety features. Check for the safety features such as a strap to prevent over-rotation, and a good ankle holding system.
- When buying a second-hand inversion table, always do a thorough check to verify if it's working reliably and smoothly.
In summary, inversion therapy is very effective when it comes to alleviating back pain. Whether you're an athlete or a regular person who wants to say goodbye to back pains, a gravity inversion table may be the right solution for you.